SETTING A GOLD STANDARD IN GREEN DESIGN
The times are "Green"...And so is TIMES GROUP
- Double glazed, Low-E windows with argon gas fill to provide added comfort and reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRVs) in each suite to reduce energy demands.
- High pressure, low-flow showerheads to reduce energy consumption for domestic hot water without sacrificing bathing comforts.
- Energy Star™ appliances to reduce electricity use.
- Sub-metering for individual allocation of electricity costs.
- Best Practices Commissioning of major mechanical equipment by third party energy management firm to ensure that systems operate at optimal performance levels.
- Third party energy management company to monitor and verify ongoing equipment efficiency end usage after one year of building occupancy.
- Third party certification of energy performance by the Government of Canada (25% better than Code).
- Compact fluorescent bulbs and other high efficiency interior lighting designs to ensure lower electricity costs.
- Occupancy sensors on lighting in non-essential common areas (recreation, party and board rooms, lockers, stairwell, mechanical room).
- CO2 monitors in the parking garage to activate air handling equipment when needed (versus around-the-clock) saving money on fan operation.
- On-site treatment of storm water to remove particulate matter.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
- Continuous fresh air provided directly to occupied units.
- Carpets certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Green Label Indoor Air Quality Test Program ensuring low emissions.
- Interior latex-based paints, adhesives & sealants certified by the Environmental Choice Program to ensure ultra low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC’s).
- Indoor Air Quality management plan during and after construction to ensure healthy living space when you move in and for the life of the building.
- Adhesive-free hard surface flooring for easy maintenance to remove dust and allergens and reduce off-gassing.
- Best practice ventilation and air sealing practice to eliminate transfer of tobacco smoke between suites.
- Low flow, high pressure showerheads and faucets.
- Dual flush water efficient toilets.
- Water efficient landscaping to eliminate consumption of potable water for irrigation.
- Front loading Energy Star™ washing machines (use less water and detergent).
- Individual metering will provide incentive for occupants to reduce consumption.
OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL FEATURES
- Walking proximity to public transportation.
- Diverting construction waste to reduce landfill loads.
- Recycling facilities that permit convenient separating and disposing of recyclables.
- Additional secure bicycle storage space conveniently located.